Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Barbara Parks Made Me Fall in Love

     I fell in love at a young age, probably in first grade. Maybe even younger than that. I fell in love with reading. At any given point you could catch me reading. I wasn't reading just the stereotypical young children's books, I was reading young adult books and the occasional Danielle Steel that my mom would have lying around the house. (Check out some of her books here!) Reading was my first love to say the least.
     In first grade, I was in an advanced reading group (I guess I was way above the typical reading level) and that was when I was acquainted with Junie B. Jones ("the B stands for Beatrice, but I just like B and that's all"). Of course I loved her! She was fun and imaginative, everything I aspired to be at my young age. Her shenanigans were my enjoyment. I read probably every book in the series. I still love Junie B. today. Barbara Parks' (the author of Junie B) writing is a literary gem. She inspired my love for reading. Oh, and Junie B has a website and yes, it is pretty cool.

     As I grew older, my love of reading never left me. My book choices became more mature as did I. Before you ask, yes I read all of The Twilight Saga and yes, I am still a die hard Twilight fan today.  I won't say most of the books I read are really something of literary merit, but they are nice and I enjoy them. I will start reading more respectable titles, but for now let me cry over the untimely death of Augustus Waters.


Check out some books that I fell in love with. I included links so you can fall in love too!

Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom

And Sometimes Why by Rebecca Johnson

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (this one is basically my favourite)

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyers

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten

Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment